sábado, 6 de noviembre de 2010

THE ENVIRONMENT

In everyday I do some green practices, but don’t really participate in environmental movements. In my daily life, I use water with responsability, for example I don’t leave the water running while brushing my teeth. Also, sometimes I prefer to walk rather than take bus to go to University, I take half an hour walk.

As for recycling, before, when was child, my mom gathered out a lot of waste in my house as empty cans, papers, newspapers, glass, etc. Then a passing truck to remove debris and took them to a recycling plant.

I think it's very important that certain habits of respect for the environment are taught by family and school. For example, my sister learned how to make recycled paper at school.

I have never belonged to environmental organizations and as Greenpeace, Secma (Environmental Secretariat of FECH), or South Seas Foundation, etc. But I've done work in the University to support neighborhood organizations that promote environmental protection and sustainable development.

In the commune of La Granja there is the "Environmental Committee for Life" is an organization that was to demand the regulation of the Municipality of companies that are in the industrial belt of the district. These companies throw toxic waste into the sewage and produce bad odors and pollution, which has produced high rates of cancer in the neighborhood.

I think it's very important that we use the knowledge we learn in the University to support these organizations as they make a defense for the environment in their neighborhoods. I wish more students are interested in developing this type of work and make their contribution to environmental care of there.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario